In Year 5, at Worsbrough Bank End Primary, we are committed to bringing out the best in everyone. Children will learn from a creative, relevant curriculum that will equip them with the resilience and stamina needed to achieve academic excellence in preparation for Year 6 and beyond.
Using prior learning to extend our children’s skill sets, we will embark on a wide range of educational experiences that will develop their knowledge of our locality of Barnsley and then extend out to the wider world. Expanding on the theme of locality, in geography we will explore rivers in our surrounding and how they have impacted and shaped Barnsley. Wherever possible, visits will be planned and influential people will be invited in to school to enhance their learning experience.
The children will be encouraged to:
- Develop resilience and to believe that no task is too unattainable.
- Understand that mistakes are essential to moving their learning forward.
- Develop a sense of social awareness: knowing people are different and respecting these differences. Everyone is unique and achievements are individual.
- Explain their thought processes.
- Make the most of every learning experience provided and become confident to apply their skills in a range of different situations.