It is with great pleasure that I welcome you to Bank End Primary School, a community school in every sense of the word. We proudly sit in the Worsbrough and Kendray locality where we enjoy strong partnerships with Hunningley Primary School and Barnsley Academy, working together as part of United Learning.
We believe there are four factors that make a child’s education successful and enable them to achieve the very highest of standards:
- Give them the best possible care, routines and boundaries so that they are healthy and have healthy attitudes;
- Give them time to talk in many different situations, encourage them to speak and think about wide ranging topics;
- Read to them, read with them and hear them read a lot. Reading informs every subject that they need to achieve in; you'll never regret time spent reading. It both drives learning and fuels the bond we have with our children;
- Be aspirational for them, encourage them to strive for the best outcomes so that they walk into their future ready to be great citizens
At Bank End, we ensure that everyone works hard to make those four outcomes a reality every single day.
I believe that all children are equally and incredibly important. As such, I have dedicated my working life to the education of children from wide-ranging communities. For over thirty years I have worked with children and families and the one factor that I have observed in every situation is that children get the best when schools work in close partnership with parents.
At Bank End, we work closely with parents to provide children with:
- The best possible care
- The best possible encouragement
- The best possible education
- The best possible outcomes
Please join with me and let's work on a great future, for everyone.
I look forward to welcoming you and your children to Bank End.
Mrs Nic Thorpe