WEDNESDAY 27TH JUNE 4:45-7PM
The Bank End and Hunningley Primary Prom-Hosted by Barnsley Academy-The best in everyone
#united #together #teamba #teambe #teamhunn
The half term is running away with us and it is nearly time for our Y6 Prom. Staff at Barnsley Academy have been amazing in helping us to prepare for this very special event. I wanted to go over arrangements so that you can be as informed as is possible.
1. Children in Y6 can leave school at 1:30pm to give them time to prepare for their prom. Should families not wish for their children to leave early, please let the school know so we can keep hold of them until the end of the school day.
2. Barnsley Academy are clearing two areas for limousines and family cars to enter the site. Regular sized cars can drive onto and park on the KS3 playground near the lower entrance to the school. Larger vehicles can park on the staff car park which is the one nearest to the entrance.
3. There will be 15 minutes on the KS3 playground to take photographs, staff will be there and would love to join in, just ask if you want them in your photographs
4. At 5pm we will take the children into the Grand Hall for their Prom Party. We will take lots of photographs and share them through the websites so that you can see how much fun they had.
5. We have booked the amazing Jane Caulfield and her team at Barnsley Academy to cook a buffet for the children, there will be an ice cream parlour style desert too.
6. The final dance will be at 7pm and then staff will bring children back to the lower entrance where they will be picked up by families. If you want your child(ren) to walk home unsupervised, you must arrange this first with the school.
Finally I would like to thank Steve Dickson-Principal, for agreeing to host our Prom Party and Jane Cartwright, Assistant Principal, Janine Astley and Karen Jones, school Governors and BA staff and Aron Harvey BA caretaker for helping me to arrange a wonderful event. Fingers crossed for a super sunny evening.
Mrs Thorpe-Executive Head
Invitation to Year 6's Graduation.